Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our photos on flickr • We pay $10 per published guest review; E-mail Blogger for info.

SPECIAL TOPICS: Taco TuesdayDisneylandMenudo

Monday, March 27, 2006

Salsa Extravaganza

So, I made these salsas for a little informal church gathering. Due to the circumstances I wasn't able to give them all the TLC I wanted to and the photos are a little blurry but everybody still seemed to like them and it gives an idea of the versatility of Mexican food. I've made traditional salsa and papaya salsa before but this was the first time I'd made Honeydew-Garbanzo Bean salsa. It was modeled after a salsa served at a Mexican fast food place that I used to go to in the food court at the Ala Moana Shopping Center in Hawaii (SeƱor Pepe). I don't even know if I remembered correctly what was in that salsa but people seemed to like my concoction.

Salsa
Papaya

Salsa
Traditional

Salsa
Honeydew-Garbanzo Bean

UPDATE (August 22, 2006):

Made some watermelon-raspberry salsa last night using yellow watermelon obtained from Gelson's. The first picture shows the ingredients before they became salsa. The pictures turned out much better than the ones above.

Salsa Ingredients
Salsa Ingredients

Salsa Ingredients
Watermelon-Raspberry Salsa

IMG01170-20110602-1951
Honeydew-Garbanzo Bean

Also see my entry on Making Salsa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Christian - Senor Pepe's, LOL! These sound good, ycan you provide some recipes???

ChristianZ said...

Okay, I'll try to post a recipe.