Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our photos on flickr • We pay $10 per published guest review; E-mail Blogger for info.

SPECIAL TOPICS: Taco TuesdayDisneylandMenudo

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Gabbi's Quick Stop


Stopped by Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen on the Orange Circle tonight with no intention of actually doing a review, but to just have a regular old-fashioned meal without the pressure of taking pictures and thinking what I might write about a place. All that changed however when I saw an item on their menu I didn't recall having seen before: the Tacos de Hongo, excellent soft tacos heavy on the marinated shiitake mushrooms:

Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen - Tacos de Hongo



My waiter confirmed that it was a new item and another waiter clarified that they had been a periodic special item before and that their popularity earned them a spot on the regular menu. I also had a nice Day of the Dead placemat:

Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen - Day of the Dead Placemat


6 comments:

Chubbypanda said...

No intention of doing a review, eh? Yet, you had your standard issue sidearm loaded and ready. Hmmm...

=)

- Chubbypanda

ChristianZ said...

Yeah, I had my camera with me just in case but I was planning on ordering items I'd had before and had taken pictures of before.

El Serracho! said...

hongos eh? me gusta mucho los hongos!

ChristianZ said...

Si, hongos. Since you told me about Gabbi's and since you like mushrooms I think you really need to try those tacos.

El Serracho! said...

yeah. i'm in for this friday night, already notified mi esposa. thanks for the tip.

ChristianZ said...

Let us know how it is!