Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our photos on flickr • We pay $10 per published guest review; E-mail Blogger for info.

SPECIAL TOPICS: Taco TuesdayDisneylandMenudo

Friday, February 09, 2007

Taco Rosa - Grape Expectations

Date of Visit: February 8, 2007
Taco Rosa
2632 San Miguel Dr
Newport Beach, CA 92660
(949) 720-0980

Listing on Yahoo! Local

Listing on Ask.com's Citysearch

Official Site
Yahoo! Maps
Enter starting address:
Address

City, State and/or Zip


Taco Rosa - Tamales de Pollo a la Canasta

After hearing approximately eighteen months ago how good the grape aguas frescas at Taco Rosa is and hoping I would catch it there on one of my many visits (they offer two freshly made flavors every day and you never know what kind they might have until you arrive) my quest was finally fulfilled yesterday. Grape is one of my favorite fruit flavors (even artificial grape) and I can ingest Welch's grape popsicles like breathing in air so it was no surprise that I found this beverage extra refreshing. I was surprised, however, to see that it was more like grapefruit juice in color than the purple I was expecting. If the drink itself wasn't good enough I topped off my lunch with one of their two specials of the day, the Tamales de Pollo a la Canasta.

Read our extensive coverage of Taco Rosa, with plenty of accompanying photos, by clicking on the following label:

2 comments:

joy said...

Hooray, you finally got the grape agua frescas! I'm also surprised at the color, as I was expecting it to be purple too. Could you tell if it was made with concord grapes (like most grape-flavored things), maybe without the skins, or with regular table grapes?

ChristianZ said...

I was about to ask them just exactly what was in it. Maybe that's the next part of my quest.