Follow us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our photos on flickr • We pay $10 per published guest review; E-mail Blogger for info.

SPECIAL TOPICS: Taco TuesdayDisneylandMenudo

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Taco Factory - Review #2

Date of Visits: November 8 and 14, 2007
Taco Factory
17921 Macarthur Blvd
Irvine, CA 92614
(949) 757-0445

Listing on Yahoo! Local

Listing on Ask.com's Citysearch

Official Site
Yahoo! Maps
Enter starting address:
Address

City, State and/or Zip



Taco Factory - Exterior

Meal details for second visit:

Entree: Sopes (1 Chicken, 1 Carnitas)
Drink: Orange Bang
Price: $8.60

Sandwiched between the two Taco Factories in Irvine and having only been to one so far I recently had an excuse to go to the other one when somebody clipped a coupon for a free taco from them from a coupon mailer and left it for me to use if I wanted.

Taco Factory - Coupon

Taco Factory is basically mall rat Mexican food, nothing too unusual about their menu, but still more authentic than Taco Bell.

Taco Factory - Sun Ornament
Here Comes The Sun

This second Irvine location even has the same lion fountain that the other one has:

Taco Factory - Interior

When I went to redeem my free taco coupon I'd been hankering for chorizo (basically spicy ground beef) for so long that I ordered chorizo and eggs from the breakfast menu even though I was there for a late dinner. In my experience chorizo can easily go wrong and become unacceptably greasy. Not here. Taco Factory's chorizo had just right, with a well-rounded flavor and no puddles of greasiness that leave lingering feelings of regret. And usually when I'm asked if I want "corn or flour tortillas" with my Mexican meals at the many Mexican restaurants I go to I default to corn but chorizo goes good with flour tortillas.

Taco Factory - Chorizo Platter

On my second visit to this location I ordered my food to eat in but they put it in a carton and bagged it up and handed it to me. So I took it home:

Taco Factory - Sopes Platter

I gave them a three before but I think I can bump them up to a three and a quarter Speedy Gonzales rating now:

Speedy Gonzales Speedy Gonzales Speedy Gonzales Speedy Gonzales

Image hosting courtesy of

No comments: